New Red Sox manager Alex Cora sees chall | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
sherry2018love Dec 5, 02:25AM
Here's what Alex Cora inherits as he officially was introduced Monday as the47th manager in Boston Red Sox history: a team that won 93 games in 2017,has won the AL East the past two seasons, and an ownership group that wants more with afan base that demands much more.Cora, only a few days removed from a World Series parade in Houston, where he was the world champion Astros' bench coach, says he's ready for the Jonathan Schoop Jersey job that is among the most demanding in MLB."You can see he loves Boston," team president Dave Dombrowski said, according to The Boston Globe."He embraces Boston. I think that's very important."Still, love can getsmothered by expectations, as many a Red Sox manager has learned, most the hard way.For a lot of people its a challenge, but for me its not, Chance Sisco Jersey Cora, 42, told reporters (via The Globe) as he compared the mindset in Red Sox Nation to thatof his nativePuerto Rico. I understand that they live baseball 24/7. But I come from a country where they live baseball 24/7. For breakfast, we talk baseball. For lunch, we talk baseball.The Red Sox announcedCoras hiring Oct. 22 on a three-year contract with a team option for 2021, making him the first Latino manager in the history of a franchise that has a checkered record as it relates to people of color. But when he was offered the job, he didn't hesitate:"I played here. This is home. ... This place pushes you."On this day, though, there were welcoming remarks Were absolutely thrilled that Alex is with us, Dombrowski said and even a bit of humor, the Cal Ripken Jr. Cool Base Orange Jersey Globe noted: As he buttoned the Red Sox uniform top Dombrowski had helped him into, Corajoked:Gained some weight since the World Series, huh?A sense of humor can go a long way to disarm the Red Sox microscope, as Cora perhaps learned while playing forTerry Francona in Boston from 2005-08, and being part of the World Series-winning team in 2007.Cora will have to communicate his vision to his team especially key everyday players such as Dustin Pedroia, Mookie Betts, Andrew Benintendi, Jackie Bradley Jr.,Hanley Ramirez and Xander Bogaerts, as well aspitchers Chris Sale, Eddie Murray Practice Orange Jersey Rick Porcello, Drew Pomeranz, David Price and Craig Kimbrelwhile maneuvering around the landmines, many of which remain a mystery to the public,that claimed his predece sor,John Farrell.For now, Cora Baltimore Orioles Cool Base Black Jersey can addre s in broad strokes his expectations for his players, but come spring he'll go about the hard work of helping the Red Sox establish a new identity, something the team has struggled with sinceDavid Ortizs retirement.That will take time. But as the first former Sox player to be named the team's manager since Butch Hobson in 1992, Coraknows thatthe clock, as of Monday, is now officially ticking.