Yasiel Puig dons special Nike cleats to | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
sherry2018love Dec 5, 02:25AM
Dodgers slugger Yasiel Puig sported a pair of Nikes honoring legendary broadcaster Vin Scully during Sundays game against the Diamondbacks.Scully is retiring after this season after decades of being the Dodgers' play-by-play announcer.The outer partof the cleats Royals Flex Base Custom White Jersey wasadorned with an image of Scully and inscripted with Win for Vin. The inner part had an image of a microphone and #ITFDB," an acronym for "It's time for Dodger baseball, Scully's signature phrase heuses at the top of Dodgers broadcasts.MORE: Yasiel Puig's career in pictures | Baseball's most beloved playersThese Vin Scully Alex Gordon Jersey cleats are . pic.twitter.com/TQ3Im1NJ4e MLB (@MLB) July 17, 2016Gotta have Puig's Shoes!!!! #WinForVin2016 pic.twitter.com/X38IOYmuOE John Bleednblue (@BleednblueJohn) July 17, 2016Per ESPN, when Puig's translator mistakenly said Scully was in his 65th season with the Dodgers, Puig immediately corrected him in English: "67!" These George Brett Jersey Nikes were the third pair of special shoes Puig has wornthis season.On the Fourth of July, the Cuban-born player had American flag Alcides Escobar Jersey -themed shoes, and a week later, his cleats featured the national flag of Cuba.Puig, through his translator, credited Los Angeles-based artist Vincent Vazquez for being the creative force behind the shoes."I'm using a different pair of shoes every (time) and the Lorenzo Cain Jersey guy who designs them surprises me with something different," Puig said through a translator, according to ESPN. "Today, he surprised me with these. I think it's good that we should try to 'Win for Vin' during his last year."